Subject: Re: bug#6236: Bug report in Date Command

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 08:28:13 -0600

On 05/20/2010 08:07 PM, lijian 65631 wrote:
> Dear David,

This is a mailing list frequented by lots of readers.  I'm not David,
but I can reply.

> 
> When I input the comman 'date "+%Y%m%d" -d "1986-05-04 1 day"' to get the
> next day of '1986-05-04', I get the result as below.
> 
> Maybe it is a bug of Date command , Please help to find it, Thanks.

Thanks for the report.  However, it is most likely the only bug here is
your understanding of how date operates around daylight savings events:
http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/faq/#The-date-command-is-not-working-right_002e

> This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from

It is considered poor netiquette to include employer disclaimers on mail
sent to publicly archived mailing lists, where the disclaimer is
rendered ineffective.  Consider using a personal account instead.

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-801-349-2682
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org