Subject: Re: Python quotes/apostrophes can cause hang

From: Gabriel Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2023 18:23:29 -0500

Apologies for the delay. I finally came into some time to switch Emacs 
versions, and using the makepkg branch for Emacs 29 I no longer see the 
issue I reported.

Thanks again!

On Tue, Mar 21 2023 at 08:45:28 PM +09:00:00, kobarity 
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Gabriel Brown wrote:
>>  It seems when there are three or more python docstrings (each 
>> bordered by two lines of triple quotes """) and each
>>  containing an apostrophe, then the next time a quote docstring is 
>> to be inserted Emacs hangs.
> 
> Hi Gabriel,
> 
> From my testing of your example, the problem appears to be fixed with
> the #58780 fix.  Can you test with the latest Emacs in emacs-29 branch
> or master branch?  Or you can try the patch attached in #58780.