Subject: bug#62320: 30.0.50; Thoughts about (info "(emacs) Bugs")

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 23:01:08 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > If the node enumerates a long-enough list of actions or checks that
  > belong to the same procedure, breaking it into several nodes makes the
  > reading harder.

Splitting a node doesn't have to be done in the simplest way.  In a
case like that, you can divide the actions into categories (purposes?)
that meaningfully belong together, then write a subnode for each
purpose.  This offers a chance to explain them together, which is
often very helpful.

I've done this sort of thing many times, and I aim for 50 lines or
even less.

Give it a try!

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)