Subject: bug#62320: 30.0.50; Thoughts about (info "(emacs) Bugs")

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 22:42:02 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > > > > > You also have worked in all my suggestions - apart from the "if
  > > > > > you know how please load relevant Elisp source files before
  > > > > > capturing an Elisp backtrace" one - intentionally?

  > > I remember debating whether it was important enough to have in this
  > > already very long node.  But since now that part is near the end, as a
  > > kind of "Advanced" section, I added that back.

When a node is very long, that doesn't mean we should leave out
something useful.  Rather, it suggests we should split it up into
several shorter nodes.

Info's navigation is helpful when nodes are reasonable in size.
For long nodes, they are less helpful because they don't help
users find interesting _parts_ of a long node.

I suggest that any node over 50 lines long is a long node, so it is good
to split th enode into several nodes that are reasonable in size.
Or at least close.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)