Subject: bug#62320: closed (Re: bug#62320: 30.0.50; Thoughts about (info "(emacs) Bugs"))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 05:02:02 +0000

Your bug report

#62320: 30.0.50; Thoughts about (info "(emacs) Bugs")

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
62320: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=62320
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#62320: 30.0.50; Thoughts about (info "(emacs) Bugs")
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 08:02:03 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 04:26:40 +0200
> 
> So, thanks for the improvements.  From my side I would say we are done
> here.

Thanks, closing.

Subject: 30.0.50; Thoughts about (info "(emacs) Bugs")
From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 06:23:42 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I have some small suggestions to make (info "(emacs) Bugs") even more
complete.

The first I want to say is that, while we are telling a lot of
(technical) details, we are missing a bit to tell what creating a bug
report means practically, how it works in general.  I mean simple things
like these that are trivial for us but still not clear to everybody:

  Basically everything works by using Email.  As the author of the bug
  report you'll be sent a CC copy of every message that belongs to that
  bug [it is important to let people know that e.g. a question of
  somebody is not necessarily addressed to the bug author].

  You can reply normally to any of those messages.  If you do so please
  be sure to keep the address that has been assigned to the bug (it
  looks like [email-masked]) in the list of recipients before
  sending your reply because else the bug tracker will not receive your
  message [lot's of people do this wrong!].

[...] parts are comments from me about the text, not part of the text.

Then I wonder if we could say that it is helpful when the author loads
relevant Elisp files before recording an Elisp backtrace [with a short
explanation of what "relevant" means, and how that can be achieved].

Hmm - I think that's already it for now.  You'll probably want to find a
better wording.

TIA,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 27, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, cairo version
 1.16.0) of 2023-03-20 built on drachen
Repository revision: aa54a24570e526b5438264caacf405a2370ba9d3
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)