Subject: Re: bug#62320: 30.0.50; Thoughts about (info "(emacs) Bugs")

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 04:26:40 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> > > > You also have worked in all my suggestions - apart from the "if
> > > > you know how please load relevant Elisp source files before
> > > > capturing an Elisp backtrace" one - intentionally?

> I remember debating whether it was important enough to have in this
> already very long node.  But since now that part is near the end, as a
> kind of "Advanced" section, I added that back.

Ok, thanks.

> >      This causes the error to start the Lisp debugger, which shows
> >      you a backtrace.  Copy the text of the debugger’s backtrace
> >      into the bug report.  *Note Edebug: (elisp)Edebug, for
> >      information on debugging Emacs Lisp programs with the Edebug
> >      package.
> > 
> > is a bit unfortunate - we should either say that this is a different
> > debugger, not to be confused with the one that pops up when enabling
> > `debug-on-error', or just mention Edebug at a different place (in a
> > footnote maybe?).
>
> I tried to make it more clear that this is a different debugger.

Looks also good to me.

So, thanks for the improvements.  From my side I would say we are done
here.

Michael.