Subject: bug#62320: 30.0.50; Thoughts about (info "(emacs) Bugs")

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 18:08:08 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> > You also have worked in all my suggestions - apart from the "if you
> > know how please load relevant Elisp source files before capturing an
> > Elisp backtrace" one - intentionally?
>
> Maybe not.  Can you tell to which part of the text this was related?

That would be in (info "(emacs) Checklist") - the first item after "If
you are willing to debug Emacs and provide additional information about
the bug, here is some useful advice".

And apart from mentioning loading related Elisp source files, I want to
say that mentioning Edebug in this first paragraph:

     This causes the error to start the Lisp debugger, which shows you a
     backtrace.  Copy the text of the debugger’s backtrace into the bug
     report.  *Note Edebug: (elisp)Edebug, for information on debugging
     Emacs Lisp programs with the Edebug package.

is a bit unfortunate - we should either say that this is a different
debugger, not to be confused with the one that pops up when enabling
`debug-on-error', or just mention Edebug at a different place (in a
footnote maybe?).

Thanks,

Michael.