Subject: Re: bug#62320: 30.0.50; Thoughts about (info "(emacs) Bugs")

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 17:19:03 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've made some changes in that section, please take a look.

Wow - quite a few!

I've read the whole chapter again and I found nothing that I could
complain about.  You also have worked in all my suggestions - apart from
the "if you know how please load relevant Elisp source files before
capturing an Elisp backtrace" one - intentionally?

Apart from that everything looks good, but I'm not able to have an
opinion about some things (like the document structure).

I hope that the requirement to read the chapter carefully and follow all
the rules does not scare people too much (my fear is that the competent
people are more likely to be scared than the incompetent but
self-competent).  Dunno if we could try even more to encourage people
without tempting others to spread nonsense.  Maybe we could add a
sentence like "If it is sure that you have found a bug, of course we
want to hear about it even if you are not able to follow all of the
advices strictly for some reason.  Still, please do your best to take
them into account so that our developers are not required to spend more
time than necessary to understand your report."

Anyway, thanks for revising the chapter and for integrating my
suggestions.

Michael.