Subject: Re: bug#62320: 30.0.50; Thoughts about (info "(emacs) Bugs")

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 03:21:44 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> > The first I want to say is that, while we are telling a lot of
> > (technical) details, we are missing a bit to tell what creating a bug
> > report means practically, how it works in general.  I mean simple things
> > like these that are trivial for us but still not clear to everybody:
>
> "Bugs" is a catch-all chapter with almost no contents of its own; all
> the real contents is in its sections.  Are your comments to that
> chapter, or specifically to one of its sections, such as "Checklist"?
> It is hard to think about your comments without understanding to which
> part(s) of the manual are they alluding.

I'm just missing this kind of information in general.  This was not
intended as a comment to a specific chapter.

But I think this would fit best (and maybe only) into
(info "(emacs) Checklist") indeed.

Maybe we could just insert a short summary text like mine as new third
paragraph?

Michael.