Subject: Re: 30.0.50; [BUG] Rust eglot tuple struct field completion

From: Ruijie Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 22:52:12 +0800

João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:

> [...]
> Emacs/Eglot is not doing the right thing, but I don't think the server
> is doing the right thing either.
>
> Probably the server should be saying "I don't have completions for this
> position given my current view of the document".  Maybe this could be
> reported to the rust-analyzer people for their input.

Thanks.  I have filed an issue upstream in rust-analyzer:
https://github.com/rust-lang/rust-analyzer/issues/14391.

> However, given this "faulty" server exchange, I'm inclined to say
> completion-at-point should offer to insert '0','1', and other
> completions, and not immediately insert the "1".

I agree, this change makes sense to me.

> João

--
Best,

RY