Subject: bug#62294: closed (Re: bug#62294: gnupg is pinned at 2.2.32 for bug that is fixed upstream)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 15:04:02 +0000

Your bug report

#62294: gnupg is pinned at 2.2.32 for bug that is fixed upstream

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
62294: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=62294
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#62294: gnupg is pinned at 2.2.32 for bug that is fixed upstream
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Ethan Blanton <[email-masked]>
Cc: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 11:03:40 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

We're now at 2.2.39 on master.  Closing!

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim

Subject: gnupg is pinned at 2.2.32 for bug that is fixed upstream
From: Ethan Blanton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 09:01:33 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It looks like the gnupg package is pinned at 2.2.32 with the following
note:

    ;; Note2: 2.2.33 currently suffers from regressions, so do not update to it
    ;; (see: https://dev.gnupg.org/T5742).

However, the bug referenced here is fixed in upstream commit
4cc724639c012215f59648cbb4b7631b9d352e36, which shipped in gnupg
2.2.34.  Meanwhile, all gnupg releases older than 2.2.35 suffer from
an S/MIME key-parsing bug (referenced in
https://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]/msg40758.html).

I believe the pin on 2.2.32 can be lifted, but as gnupg is important
infrastructure I am unsure about directly submitting a patch to update
to a newer version.

Ethan