Subject: [PATCH 00/70] gnu: Add mautrix-whatsapp.

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2024 21:54:04 +0100

Hi,

Thank you for your efforts.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
The latest revision of this patch series rebases the changes against the
latest Guix master.  Further, upon trying to build the package, I
noticed that an update recently made to the go-golang-org-x-net package
causes an error on go-mau-fi-whatsmeow's build, so I've decided to
revert its commit, and I presume it's related to the package having an
"embed:" directive (which gives issues when building Go packages in
Guix).  I'd highly appreciate it if you could help me further debug this
issue or guide me on another course of action.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Try not to downgrade packages and place an adjusted package with
specific version to cover your chain of dependencies.

To resolve recently introduced "embed" option I've got semi simple
solution

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/gnu/packages/golang-build.scm?h=go-team&id=cf990a27810ce1938933d6e5edb7b6d1c5f1bf94

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+          (add-after 'unpack 'fix-embed-files
+            (lambda _
+              (for-each (lambda (file)
+                          (let ((file-store-path (readlink file)))
+                            (delete-file file)
+                            (copy-recursively file-store-path file)))
+                        (find-files "src" ".*(editions_defaults.binpb)$"))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
Logic is - remove symlink and copy required file into build directory
path which helps golang to happy.

I'm not quite sure what did you try to archive in patches like "[PATCH
v2 54/71] gnu: Add go-mau-fi-libsignal-state-store."

Please feel free to submit v3 if you are still interested in this patch
series.

--
Oleg