Subject: 28.2; Outline in DocTeX mode

From: Jan Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 18:36:03 +0100

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, NS appkit-1671.60 Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G95))
of 2022-09-12 built on builder10-14.lan
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.6.5

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
ACL GMP GNUTLS JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER THREADS
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: DocTeX

Minor modes in effect:
  outline-minor-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date subr-x
cl-extra shortdoc seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv help-fns
radix-tree help-mode noutline outline vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode
vc-dispatcher cl-loaddefs cl-lib tex-mode compile text-property-search
shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring latexenc iso-transl tooltip eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue
cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 78100 5534)
(symbols 48 8402 1)
(strings 32 25935 1283)
(string-bytes 1 862544)
(vectors 16 16272)
(vector-slots 8 217529 12132)
(floats 8 74 51)
(intervals 56 1280 0)
(buffers 992 13))

When I start it as 'emacs -Q <file>.dtx‘ it opens the requested file in
DocTeX mode. 

Next I load 'outline-minor-mode‘.  If I than run the command
'outline-hide-body‘ I’d expect to be presented with the various
\section, \subsection, … commands.  But this does not happen. 

Instead the first meta comment, the documentclass command and the
document environment are displayed, see the text below.  Any other
sectioning command is hidden.

Thanks in advance.

   Jan
   
% \CheckSum{<CHECKSUM>}
% \iffalse meta-comment
%
% VHW -- Classes to write an article for the VHW Journal or to create the journal itself.
%
% Copyright (c) 2023 by Jan Braun
%
%  This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
%  it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
%  the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
%  (at your option) any later version.
%
%  This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
%  but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
%  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
%  GNU General Public License for more details.
%
%  You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
%  along with this program.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.  
%
% 
% \fi
% 
% \iffalse
%<*driver>
\documentclass[11pt, english, ngerman, draft]{l3doc}…
\begin{document}…
\end{document}…

-- 
Jan Braun (er/ihm)
[email-masked]

=== ypchsh /usr/local/bin/emacs === go FORTH now … ===