Subject: bug#62278: 28.2; Outline in DocTeX mode

From: Jan Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 09:45:07 +0100

Dear Arash,

thank you for your help.

> Am 21.03.2023 um 08:43 schrieb Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>:
> 
> I'd say this is by design: `latex-outline-regexp' defined in tex-mode.el
> doesn't cater for headings which start with '%', but in doctex mode,
> almost all of them do so.

I agree.

Same applies to the \label comamnds, which won’t be found, when 
inserting \ref commands.

> So you have to tell doctex about it with this
> piece of code (which I haven't tested) in your init file:

It looks promising, but did not fully do the trick. :-(

Emacs complains

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable latex-outline-regexp)
(set (make-local-variable 'outline-regexp) latex-outline-regexp)
(add-hook 'doctex-mode-hook #'(lambda nil (set (make-local-variable 'latex-outline-regexp) (concat "[% \11]*" "\\\\" (regexp-opt (append latex-metasection-list (mapcar ... latex-section-alist)) t)))) (set (make-local-variable 'outline-regexp) latex-outline-regexp))
eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "/Users/tmjb/.emacs" nil t)  ; Reading at buffer position 30847
load-with-code-conversion("/Users/tmjb/.emacs" "/Users/tmjb/.emacs" t t)
load("~/.emacs" noerror nomessage)
startup--load-user-init-file(#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode -0x148e3df754d535f>) #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode -0x1f3c686ddc0d6275>) t)
command-line()
normal-top-level()

Do you have any further advice for me?

Sincerely

 Jan

-- 
Jan Braun (er/ihm)
[email-masked]

=== ypchsh /usr/local/bin/emacs === go FORTH now … ===