Subject: Re: bug#6227: Color isearch regexp submatches differently

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:52:21 +0200

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>> (It includes a bug fix for the prompt face too
>>>
>>> What's a bug in the prompt face?
>>
>> There is a variable, minibuffer-prompt-properties, that holds the name
>> of the face to use. I think this should be used for consistency. It
>> makes it much easier for users.
>
> Why do you remove `read-only' with `(propertize m2 'read-only nil)'?
> What was a problem with `read-only' in the isearch prompt?

Hm, can't remember. I did this quite a while ago. I just tested and it
seems to work without that. Probably it is something I forgot to
remove after testing.

>>>> and a help window scrolling I think is useful.)
>>>
>>> Please provide an example of the scrolling bug too.
>>
>> I am not sure on that one. Maybe I just forgot to remove it when you
>> implemented your way of doing it?
>
> I see no scrolling problems after setting `isearch-allow-scroll' to t.

Seems that you are right. Fine, just skip that part of the patch.