Subject: bug#62260: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Restrict auto-save file mode

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 14:56:16 +0100

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> So this is limited to Tramp and how it handles auto-saving?  Adding
>> Michael, in case he has ideas for how to solve this issue.
>
> Read the Tramp manual (info "(tramp) Auto-save File Lock and Backup")
> You can use auto-save-file-name-transforms or tramp-auto-save-directory
> in order to change the location of auto-saved files. This is the
> recommended way to protect sensible data.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your inputs.  I have tried with
'auto-save-file-name-transforms' like this:

(add-to-list 'auto-save-file-name-transforms
    '("\\`/\\(?:doas\\|ksu\\|su\\(?:do\\)?\\):.*\\'" "/dev/null" nil))

But now, auto-save tries to create "/dev/#null#".  How can I fix it to
"/dev/null"?
-- 
Manuel Giraud