Subject: bug#62234: Toolbar does not work properly (with Emacs 29 or 30)

From: Daniel Martín <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 14:11:43 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Konrad Podczeck <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 11:38:48 +0100
>> 
>> The platform is the NS port.
>
> OK, so maybe this is NS-specific.  Can someone who has access to the
> NS port please try reproducing this?
>

I can certainly reproduce an issue with the toolbar in the NS port.  I
think it's the same issue that the OP is describing.  Here's some steps
to reproduce it:

emacs -Q

The Save and the Cut(Kill) icons are enabled.

Resize the Emacs frame a little bit.

The Save and the Cut(Kill) icons are now disabled, as expected, because
the *scratch* buffer is not backed by a file, and there's no active
region.