Subject: Re: bug#62230: File "elpa-packages.eld" not signed, unlike file "archive-contents"

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 08:24:48 +0000

Okamsn <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,

Hi,

> I have `package-check-signature` set to `all`. When I run the command
> `package-vc-install`, it tries to download the file "elpa-package.eld"
> from the archive.  However, this file is not signed, so the download fails.
>
> When I disable the checking of signatures, the download succeeds.

I assume you have configured `package-check-signature' or something like
that?  Because I don't appear to have any issues fetching the file.

> It is possible to sign this file with the GNU ELPA key, just like the
> file "archive-contents", which downloads successfully?

It should be, but I actually don't know how it is generated or at least
I am missing something in elpa-admin.el.  I have Cc'ed Stefan who should
know.

> Thank you.

-- 
Philip Kaludercic