Subject: bug#62216: Odd file corruption in clojure mode and emacs 30 HEAD

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 09:50:30 +0200

> On 16/05/2023 23:22, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
>> I'm frustrated that I cannot reproduce the bug reliably, but it does happen constantly under emacs 30. What I have narrowed it down to
>> is what seems to be a random injection of code from the same file or the kill ring. That of course trips up paredit and any compilation.
> 
> Something vaguely similar: I had a problem, in one session, that 
> reindenting any line or region would, instead of simple whitespace for 
> indentation, insert some repeated chunks of code from I don't know where.
> 
> I didn't investigate this, though. This only happened once and a restart 
> fixed it.

Found this bug-report just now.  I'm like Jonathan on an M1 mac, with 
Ventura 13.5.1, and I have seen buffer corruptions happening.

The most recent example was edebug.el, which got auto-reverted because I 
discarded a change in Magit.  When I tried to eval-buffer edebug.el, I 
found that a sequence of closing parentheses had been inserted in the 
buffer which were not present in the file on disk.

Alas, I accidentally hit C-c in the LLDB window, and that was it.

Is this perhaps a macOS thing?  Has somone seen that on other platforms?