Subject: bug#62211: Job build-native-comp-speed2 does not run anymore on EMBA

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 16:29:36 +0000

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Hi Andrea,

Hi Michael,

>>> Recently, we have upgraded EMBA jobs to run using Debian 11 (bullseye)
>>> instead of Debian 9 (stretch). Since then, the gitlab job
>>> build-native-comp-speed2 fails. See for example
>>> <https://emba.gnu.org/emacs/emacs/-/jobs/64725/raw>.
>>>
>>> It looks to me, like we must replace Debian package libgccjit-6-dev by
>>> something else.
>>
>> Nobody has answered, so I comment out the tests temporarily.
>
> It looks like neither debbugs nor me get your messages. Could you,
> please, change test/infra/Dockerfile.emba accordingly (on the emacs-29
> branch)?

I'm not sure of the change, we probably should replace libgccjit-6-dev
with a newer one (BTW no idea why something changed) but I think we
should use the same version of the running GCC.  Do you happen to know
which GCC version is the docker running now?

> You might also try to reach me via <[email-masked]>.

Doing it now thanks

> Thanks, and best regards, Michael.

BTW this was the body of my previous mail:

"
The error is not Emacs related, for some reason building the docker
libgccjit-6-dev can't be found.

I've no idea why but we should not disable build-native-comp-speed2,
that's our standard build with native compilation.
"

Best Regards

  Andrea