Subject: bug#62207: 29.0.60; Trying to remove non-existent key binding instead adds a binding

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 10:23:37 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]>,  Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>,
>   [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 14:02:59 -0400
> 
> > Stefan, it sounds like the part of store_in_keymap after the label
> > keymap_end should do nothing if REMOVE is non-zero, am I right?
> 
> Sounds right, yes.

Then Robert, please install on the emacs-29 branch the part of your
suggested patch which fixes the problem with REMOVE.  The other part
should go to master, I think.

> This said, the semantics of REMOVE a bit murky, so I'd rather tell
> people not to use it.

Robert, could you please say something to this effect in the doc
string?

Thanks.