Subject: Re: [bug#62202] [PATCH 0/21] Juliahub import script.

From: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 11:45:44 +0200

Hello Nicolas,

Simon Tournier <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> Yeah, it looks nice.  As I said [1], “I am not able to apply the
> series.”  And since the series is 21 patches, I have been lazy.

I just want to add that on 2023-09-13 Simon explained failed attempts to
apply this patch series in a message to guix-devel [1] (starting from
the string "I am not speaking on the vacuum of an hypothetical
problem").

I quote some output Simon got:

>> Using the usual “git am -3s” from Emacs Debbugs, then I get:
>> 
>> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>> Applying: import: juliahub: first script draft.
>> error: sha1 information is lacking or useless (guix/import/go.scm).
>> error: could not build fake ancestor
>> hint: Use 'git am --show-current-patch=diff' to see the failed patch
>> Patch failed at 0001 import: juliahub: first script draft.
>> When you have resolved this problem, run "git am --continue".
>> If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git am --skip" instead.
>> To restore the original branch and stop patching, run "git am --abort".
>> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Please see the original message [1] for details.

Sorry I can't help resolving this problem right now and/or send an
updated patch series.

Nicolas could you please try to apply it yourself to see if you are
succeful and eventually send a V2 patch series?

Thanks! Gio'

[1] id:[email-masked] https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]/

-- 
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures