Subject: [bug#62202] [PATCH 0/21] Juliahub import script.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2023 00:07:50 +0200

Hi!

Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]> skribis:

>  Took me quite more time than I would've liked, but I have a usable
>  juliahub scheme import script!
>
>  It seems there's still one edge case that isn't covered and revolves
>  around when Julia packagers don't properly tag their git repos (I've
>  only seen the case with SnoopPrecompile). There's the possibility to
>  rely on tree commit hashes from the General repository (since this is a
>  valid way to identify/store a git repo), but that needs some major
>  changes in the way latest-repository-commit works. Otherwise, it needs
>  to be done by hand. It might also not work for subpackages in
>  directories that are up-to-date on juliahub but not yet on github, I
>  haven't met this case yet.
>
>  I'm sending a patch series in the coming minutes.
>
> It's detailed since I haven't swauased all commits, for readability, but
> I can squash it further if necessary.

I’ll let Simon comment on the actual code since I’m not a Julia person.
:-)

Some more general comments:

  • Please make sure to document it in ‘doc/guix.texi’ under “Invoking
    guix import”, following the same template as the others there.

  • Please write ‘tests/juliahub.scm’.  I recommend the same strategy as
    ‘tests/cpan.scm’, which is to mock the upstream HTTP server.

  • Prefer (srfi srfi-41) over (ice-9 streams) (see rationale at
    <https://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-41/srfi-41.html>).

  • Prefer (srfi srfi-71) over (srfi srfi-11) for multiple-value
    bindings.

Thanks,
Ludo’.