Subject: bug#62194: 30.0.50; Two Eglot-over-Tramp tests are failing on master, passing on emacs-29

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 11:19:16 +0000

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I've tested Thomas's example 5 times in a row, moving around energically, in
>> the Emacs -Q, exercising multiple Eglot features, etc.  0% failures.
>
> I've applied the patch, but Thomas' recipe still blocks for me. Sorry to
> tell you.

Drats.  Reproduced.

I honestly don't know what's going on.  Yesterday I got 0% failures,
today I get 100% failures with the very same code.  Maybe there is some
SSH/ControlMaster thing at the OS level that's tainting the experiment.

FWIW, removing the JUST-THIS-ONE make Thomas' example always pass, but
it has other implications like the re-entrancy thing, which I don't
understand.

I don't have any better ideas at the moment, other than just biting the
bullet and reading Tramp's code very closely.  I'll try my hand at
adapting a process-filter into it as I described in bug#61350, but I
don't know if I'll manage of course, since I'm not closely acquainted
with the API.

Very sorry for the noise,
João