Subject: bug#62194: 30.0.50; Two Eglot-over-Tramp tests are failing on master, passing on emacs-29

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 15:57:17 +0100

João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi João,

> Michael, now you've brought back the Eglot/Tramp hang of bug#61350!
>
> Really Michael, please consider reverting 0330cff65ae (your latest) and
> 54ef338ba36 (from two days ago), and going back to the simpler version
> that you originally proposed, with just the 'while' added there.

Honestly, I'm lost with all the patches back forth and back. Could you
pls show me the change you propose, based on the current master state? I
don't believe we need to revert the timeout change I have applied,
because in fact any tramp-accept-process-output shall use a timeout of
0; otherwise it could block.

> It fixes all this mess.  _Then_ we can go get to thinking about the
> "simple and robust" implementation.

Yes. Although I have no clue yet what shall be done.

> João

Best regards, Michael.