Subject: Re: [bug#62184] [PATCH 0/3] Package recent Rust versions

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2023 13:29:30 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 at 05:14, Matthew James Kraai <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Package recent versions of Rust.
>
> Matthew James Kraai (3):
>   gnu: Add rust-1.66.
>   gnu: Add rust-1.67.
>   gnu: Add rust-1.68.

What is the point to add these packages?  Are they functional?  Because
as written elsewhere,

    rust != rust-1.60

because all the ’arguments’ field part of rust.

If the aim is to upgrade the Rust ecosystem, then it appears to me
better to do that in a dedicated branch instead of a work in progress
directly in the branch master.

Closing?

Cheers,
simon