Subject: bug#62157: More control over the mouse behaviour in eglot

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 16:59:50 +0100

>>>>> On Mon, 13 Mar 2023 15:47:38 +0000, João Távora <[email-masked]> said:
    João> Can you try this patch?  It also changes the default binding to
    João> [mouse-2].

I think you meant 'mouse-2', but you typed 'mouse-1' in the patch.

    João> diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el b/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el
    João> index 2491c86ea5b..256b4cd93ba 100644
    João> --- a/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el
    João> +++ b/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el
    João> @@ -2084,15 +2084,18 @@ eglot--mode-line-format
    João>  (defalias 'eglot--make-diag 'flymake-make-diagnostic)
    João>  (defalias 'eglot--diag-data 'flymake-diagnostic-data)

    João> +(defvar eglot-diagnostics-map
    João> +  "Map active in Eglot-backed Flymake diagnostic overlays."
    João> +  (let ((map (make-sparse-keymap)))
    João> +    (define-key map [mouse-1] 'eglot-code-actions-at-mouse)
    João> +    map))
    João> +

Iʼm guessing eglot is not yet using `defvar-keymap' because of
backwards compatibility?

In any case, this doesnʼt make the binding easily changable, you have
to manually unset/set the `eglot-code-actions-at-mouse' binding. My
attempt to fix this descended into a circular dependency spiral
between the keymap and the key defcustom, so Iʼm hoping you know a
good way to do it :-)

Robert
--