Subject: [bug#62153] [PATCH 0/2] Add Docker layered image for pack and system (v2)

From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 03:24:51 +0300

Hi, Florian.

Thank you for the review.

This patch series applies your suggestions.  Also it's rebased on
origin/master and added a missing documentation for ‘docker-layered’ format in
‘guix system image’ command in doc/guix.texi file (following diff).

<#part type="text/x-patch" buffer=m1.txt disposition=inline description="Add missing docker-layered format documentation for guix system image command">
<#/part>

The folloing tests passed:

make check-channel-news
make check TESTS="tests/pack.scm"
make check-system TESTS="docker-system docker-layered-system"

Oleg Pykhalov (2):
  guix: docker: Build layered image.
  news: Add entry for the new 'docker-layered' distribution format.

 Makefile.am                                   |   3 +-
 doc/guix.texi                                 |  18 +-
 etc/news.scm                                  |  58 +++
 gnu/image.scm                                 |   3 +-
 .../aux-files/python/stream-layered-image.py  | 391 ++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/system/image.scm                          |  84 +++-
 gnu/tests/docker.scm                          |  20 +-
 guix/docker.scm                               | 182 ++++++--
 guix/scripts/pack.scm                         | 105 +++--
 guix/scripts/system.scm                       |  11 +-
 tests/pack.scm                                |  48 +++
 11 files changed, 837 insertions(+), 86 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/aux-files/python/stream-layered-image.py

base-commit: 5312d798ac36a72d8a977325a7c6ff7647be670a
-- 
2.38.0