Subject: bug#62146: 26.3; Allow users to get help on y/n prompt

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 19:34:37 +0200

> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 16:18:52 +0000
> 
> See https://emacs.stackexchange.com/q/76235.
> 
> Please consider allowing a help character, such as `?' or `C-h', to give
> users more info about y/n prompting - info that might help with this
> user's confusion (maybe some info such as that offered by NickD's
> answer).

The help info is right above the prompt.

And I don't really understand what that user wanted to do, and why he
tried doing that when prompted for a y/n response.

> Consider, in particular, the context of hitting a key for a disabled
> command (the OP's context), and seeing the Help text for dealing with
> disabled commands, including a link that is impossible to access while
> in the y/n read.

To cancel type 'n' -- this text is right in the face of the user.