Subject: bug#62140: enable LVM in Grub

From: Emmanuel Beffara <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 15:58:19 +0100

Hello,

De Maxim Cournoyer le 23/03/2023 à 13:48:
> It seems to me that since we produce grub.cfg ourselves if there's something
> to add there for LVM support (which I'm not sure there is -- apparently it
> already works for you ?), it should be explicitly coded in (gnu bootloader
> grub).

It does not work for me, that is why I reported this! The system does not boot
unless I manually add `insmod lvm` in `grub.cfg` because Grub does not find
the partition that contains the store.

So I agree something has to be done there.

> info '(grub) Changes from GRUB Legacy' mentions that "* GRUB 2 can read
> files directly from LVM and RAID devices.", so I would think there's nothing
> special to do?

As I understand it, this just means that Grub 2 has a module for reading LVM
devices and a module for reading RAID devices. But it still has to load them
somehow (unless there is a way to include them statically so they are
available from the beginning).

-- 
Emmanuel