Subject: Re: bug#6214: 23.1; json-read-string crashes emacs with long string

From: Michal Sojka <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 09:39:03 +0200

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, Chong Yidong wrote:
> Michal Sojka <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > It seems the bug is still in the current Emacs HEAD
> > (http://repo.or.cz/w/emacs.git/commit/08d1bfbda3ef4a7038556f6c56bec1a37b4721f0).
> > I can reproduce it with the lisp code sent by Carl, but the backtrace is
> > different. My backtrace is attached.
> 
> I can't reproduce it with the BZR repository.  Maybe the git mirror you
> are using is not up to date.  Without any further information from you
> about your Emacs build (information that would have been available if
> you had used `M-x report-emacs-bug'), it is impossible to say.

I cloned bzr repo (trunk:101071) and I can reproduce the bug (./emacs
--batch -l ~/q/json-emacs-bug.el). Backtrace is the same as in my
previous mail and report-emacs-bug information is bellow. Let me know if
you need additional info.

Thanks
-Michal

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2010-08-14 on steelpick
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r t SPC e m a SPC SPC <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr message sendmail regexp-opt rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug package warnings tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)