Subject: bug#62136: a further update: straight.el & nativecomp interaction?

From: "Mark A. Hershberger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2023 14:07:26 -0400

On Thu, 2023-04-06 at 20:33 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> Would you be willing to create and post such a recipe,
> starting from "emacs -Q" and loading any packages you absolutely need
> to show the problem?

I started on this but now I'm getting 

  Building straight...
  run-hook-with-args: Symbol’s value as variable is void:
     native-comp-deferred-compilation-deny-list

which I wasn't getting before.

A bit of searching showed that I should

  (setq straight-repository-branch "develop")

I removed the repo and build directory for straight, added the setq,
and, at least in my initial attempts, the original bug isn't showing.

I'd like to leave this bug open for now, but I may have run into a
problem that the straight devs were already addressing.

Mark.