Subject: Re: bug#62116: RFE: eglot: support window.showDocument LSP RPC

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2023 17:51:02 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Felician Nemeth <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: João Távora <[email-masked]>,
>>   [email-masked], Eli Zaretskii
>>  <[email-masked]>, Sebastian Poeplau <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 11:08:05 +0200
>> 
>> This is a continuation of the thread 
>>   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2023-04/msg00206.html
>> , where João suggested we should proceed with my simpler patch until we
>> hear from Alan.  This message summarizes the current situation:
>>   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2023-04/msg00339.html
>> 
>> I tested my patch with Sebastian's ada example.

Felicián, can you show your full patch again, perhaps with a unit test
using the ada language server?

Also, can you comment on why you think Alan Donovan's patch has that
non-synchronous find-file mechanism?  Since Alan, doesn't reply, what do
you conjecture is the reason his patch goes through this trouble?

I'd also like someone to address my comments of that patch, which is
similar to yours:
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=62116#10.  Among others

1. if you think the Emacs frame should be raised and/or focused when a
   window.showDocument comes in.

2. if browse-url should be used for non-file: urls (it might open a
   browser window outside of Emacs, which IMO is fine.)

João