Subject: bug#6211: 24.0.50; no longer able to disable toolbar by default

From: Stefano Zacchiroli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 19:49:09 +0200

retitle 6211 save options does not save the tool-bar-mode preference
thanks

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 06:09:11PM +0200, Juanma Barranquero wrote:
> so please try (tool-bar-mode -1)

That works, thanks!
(I was baffled by the change of semantics, as nil worked in the past.)

Still, that does not explain why disabling the tool bar from the menu
and then choose "save options" does not save the tool-bar-mode
setting. Note that it works for other similar options, as the scroll bar
setting. That's why I'm retitling the bug.

Thanks again,
Cheers.

-- 
Stefano Zacchiroli -o- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
zack@{upsilon.cc,pps.jussieu.fr,debian.org} -<>- http://upsilon.cc/zack/
Dietro un grande uomo c'è ..|  .  |. Et ne m'en veux pas si je te tutoie
sempre uno zaino ...........| ..: |.... Je dis tu à tous ceux que j'aime