Subject: Re: bug#6210: Dev Emacs crashes when moving around a large UTF-8 bidi file

From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 18:31:02 +0200

Scot Becker skrev 2010-05-18 16.02:

> -------------
> $ emacs -Q /path/to/file/bhs.txt
> -------------
> at this point I already get this error in the Gnome Terminal window
>   from which I called Emacs (this comes even if I only run 'emacs -Q')ema:
>
> ** (emacs:22720): CRITICAL **: murrine_style_draw_box: assertion
> `height>= -1' failed
>

This is a message from the theme engine.  Gtk+ takes the height of the scroll 
bar and then subtracts the size of the arrows to draw the stuff inbetween 
arrows.  But as you can see, the scroll bar for the minibuffer is very small, 
so it ends up as a negative number.  I've filed a bug for this, other themes 
doesn't complain.  After all, why should Gtk+ put a limit on how small windows 
can be?  The message is harmless, byt annoying.

Bug report here (no action yet): 
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=617442.

	Jan D.