Subject: Re: bug#62096: 30.0.50; find-dired, dired-goto-file and spaces

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 13:58:04 +0200

> Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
>  Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 20:05:04 +0100
> From:  Manuel Giraud via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> I almost got it.  It comes from the test on the switches used to build
> the dired buffer.
> 
> For a "standard" dired build with ls, on OpenBSD, I just have "-al" as
> switches: no "b" so it doesn't trigger the string-replace.
> 
> For a find-dired buffer, on OpenBSD, I have "-gilsb" as switches: there
> is a "b" that triggers the string-replace (which is not needed here).
> 
> I think that the fix should be "test the b switch only for ls built
> dired".  I don't know if it will fix Windows.

Sorry, I don't understand: this bug report started with running
find-dired, but now you are talking about something different AFAIU?

On MS-Windows, Emacs doesn't use ls, it uses ls-lisp.el, and that
emulation doesn't support the -b switch of ls.  Not sure what this
means, since I don't yet understand what are you describing and how is
the -b switch relevant.