Subject: Re: bug#62093: [PATCH] Let processes read nothing from stdin in tramp

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 11:32:37 +0100

Aleksander Trofimowicz <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Aleksander,

> Given above I would argue the canonical mode should be set as the
> default one.

Canonical mode was used in the past, and there were other use cases
which have shown problems. There won't be a one-fits-all solution.

That's why I have pushed the proposed change (new defcustom
tramp-pipe-stty-settings), which could help magit and other packages to
influence the settings. Will appear on GNU ELPA as Tramp 2.6.2 in a
couple of days.

>> We have already ssh multiplexing. If you like to avoid pty's at all, you
>> might try to use direct async processes:
>>
>> (info "(tramp)Improving performance of asynchronous remote processes")
>>
> In my case that's the optimal solution. Thank you!

Godd to know.

> Kind regards,
> at

Best regards, Michael.