Subject: bug#62093: 30.0.50; tramp: commit 8c6a463 breaks remotely staging chunks in magit

From: Benjamin Orthen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 10:42:19 +0000

Commit 8c6a4639318f09720cda295e6a93677153046d84 breaks remotely staging
chunks in magit, see https://github.com/magit/magit/issues/4720.

This commit added the options "-icanon min 1 time 0" for non-Darwin 
remote
hosts. Without this additional option, staging chunks works.

To reproduce:
- use tramp to visit a remote Linux host
- open magit on a git repository on the remote host
- in the magit buffer, try to stage a chunk (not a whole file)

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.36, cairo version 1.16.0)
Repository revision: 5ff018524c740c77215ddb5d5983dbfcadb05599
Repository branch: master
System Description: Ubuntu 22.10

Configured using:
  'configure
  
--prefix=/nix/store/bsqwccil9xvz9gvnhgqyhp4vf074c1d9-emacs-pgtk-20230308.0
  --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-pgtk
  --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $EMACSLOADPATH: 
/nix/store/q5g9xjavpivmnr4j8qlbshzj4ix3sgbl-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp:
   value of $EMACSNATIVELOADPATH: 
/nix/store/q5g9xjavpivmnr4j8qlbshzj4ix3sgbl-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/native-lisp::
   value of $LC_MONETARY: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8