Subject: Re: bug#62086: 29.0.60; ruby-ts-mode regressions

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2023 03:06:52 +0300

On 04/04/2023 10:16, Juri Linkov wrote:
> I wonder is it possible to fix more.
> Many parens/brackets are still not matched in e.g.
> test/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode-resources/ruby.rb
> such as parens in def argument list:
> 
>    def test1(arg)

This one was a regression from the addition of strict bos/eos anchors, 
now fixed.

> and in
>    method (a + b),

When you say that this is broken, do you mean that these parens get 
jumped over unexpectedly (with forward-sexp movement ending at the end 
of the arguments list)? This is an artefact of the implementation of 
treesit-forward-sexp. It might be possible to improve, but from a brief 
dig, it has some internal logic. So some care would need to be taken to 
decide which contract nedds changing.

> and brackets in
> 
>    case translation
>    in ['th', orig_text, 'en', trans_text]
>      puts "English translation: #{orig_text} => #{trans_text}"
>    in {th: orig_text, ja: trans_text} => whole

Now fixed. Also, "case" matches "end" with this syntax too now.

> Also square brackets are not matched by 'C-M-f' in
> 
>    h[:key]

And this, surprisingly, seems impossible to handle just using 
treesit-sexp-type-regexp. The brackets are present in the tree, but they 
are not at the ends of any node. So that will require some custom Lisp, 
I guess.