Subject: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Scroll up and down in image-dired

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 14:45:15 +0100

Hi,

Here is a patch for scrolling into an image-dired buffer.  It is already
possible as 'scroll-up-command' and 'scroll-down-command' works but with
this patch the header and file tracking is updated accordingly.

>From 4a0f9aee5d7d0f69bb07a2b022106254077264c6 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 14:35:31 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Scroll up and down in image-dired

* lisp/image/image-dired.el (image-dired-scroll-up)
(image-dired-scroll-down): Scroll up and down command in
image-dired.
(image-dired-thumbnail-mode-map): Use them.
---
 lisp/image/image-dired.el | 18 ++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 18 insertions(+)

diff --git a/lisp/image/image-dired.el b/lisp/image/image-dired.el
index b13b3e08ce2..489413cb613 100644
--- a/lisp/image/image-dired.el
+++ b/lisp/image/image-dired.el
@@ -748,6 +748,22 @@ image-dired-move-end-of-line
   (interactive nil image-dired-thumbnail-mode)
   (image-dired--movement-command (pos-eol) 'reverse))
 
+(defun image-dired-scroll-up ()
+  "Scroll up the in thumbnail buffer."
+  (interactive nil image-dired-thumbnail-mode)
+  (scroll-up)
+  ;; move a bit to update tracking and header
+  (image-dired-next-line)
+  (image-dired-previous-line))
+
+(defun image-dired-scroll-down ()
+  "Scroll down the in thumbnail buffer."
+  (interactive nil image-dired-thumbnail-mode)
+  (scroll-down)
+  ;; move a bit to update tracking and header
+  (image-dired-previous-line)
+  (image-dired-next-line))
+
 
 ;;; Header line
 
@@ -958,6 +974,8 @@ image-dired-thumbnail-mode-map
   "<remap> <end-of-buffer>"          #'image-dired-end-of-buffer
   "<remap> <move-beginning-of-line>" #'image-dired-move-beginning-of-line
   "<remap> <move-end-of-line>"       #'image-dired-move-end-of-line
+  "<remap> <scroll-up-command>"      #'image-dired-scroll-up
+  "<remap> <scroll-down-command>"    #'image-dired-scroll-down
 
   :menu
   '("Image-Dired"
-- 
2.39.1

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.2, cairo version
 1.17.8) of 2023-03-09 built on computer
Repository revision: 26740f30469c2b13765f986fa65eca8a3a851ba2
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101006
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.2 GENERIC.MP#1052 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=no --without-sound --without-compress-install
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  gnus-dired-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-0.10.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.3.7/transient hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow emacsbug whitespace magit-patch find-dired dabbrev shortdoc
cl-print image-dired-dired help-fns radix-tree magit-extras info-look
misearch multi-isearch flow-fill sort gnus-cite mail-extr textsec
uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check
gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml gnus-topic mm-archive url-http url-gw
url-cache url-auth qp utf-7 imap rfc2104 nndoc nndraft nnmh
network-stream nsm nnfolder nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache nnrss face-remap magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff
smerge-mode diff git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core
magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor
magit-mode transient magit-git magit-section magit-utils dash pulse
image-file image-converter image-dired image-dired-tags
image-dired-external image-dired-util org-indent org-element org-persist
org-id org-refile avl-tree oc-basic ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc
ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif
ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi css-mode sgml-mode
facemenu imenu reveal idlwave idlwave-help idlw-help conf-mode
emacs-news-mode vc-hg pascal vc-dir ewoc vc bug-reference sh-script smie
treesit executable eww xdg url-queue mm-url autorevert filenotify vc-git
diff-mode paredit edmacro gnus-dired time battery exwm-randr xcb-randr
exwm-config ido exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage
exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core
xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug kmacro server
modus-operandi-theme modus-themes ytdious mingus libmpdee reporter
edebug debug backtrace transmission color calc-bin calc-ext calc
calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs supercite regi ebdb-message ebdb-gnus
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig
gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr
ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt cl-extra
help-mode speedbar ezimage dframe eieio-base pcase timezone org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys
oc org-loaddefs find-func org-version org-compat org-macs
visual-basic-mode cl web-mode derived disp-table erlang-start
smart-tabs-mode skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp
tramp rx tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration cus-edit cus-load
wid-edit files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601
time-date ls-lisp format-spec slime-fancy slime-indentation
slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree advice
slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge slime-macrostep macrostep
slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl slime-parse slime apropos compile text-property-search etags
fileloop generator xref project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline
icons pp comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt
slime-autoloads view mule-util cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays holiday-loaddefs vc-dispatcher vc-svn appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs dired-aux
dired-x dired dired-loaddefs notifications dbus xml repeat easy-mmode
desktop frameset osm-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads ebdb-autoloads
compat-autoloads magit-autoloads debbugs-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
paredit-autoloads dash-autoloads ytdious-autoloads
transmission-autoloads transient-autoloads exwm-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads detached-autoloads info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1015874 665268)
 (symbols 48 61987 5)
 (strings 32 305119 53830)
 (string-bytes 1 9442721)
 (vectors 16 186406)
 (vector-slots 8 3212352 128696)
 (floats 8 1161 3145)
 (intervals 56 24919 4151)
 (buffers 984 126))

-- 
Manuel Giraud