Subject: Re: bug#62071: openjdk@9/10 sources not reproducible

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 12:48:19 +0100

Hi Björn,

Björn Höfling <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I will check the same for JDK10 and will prepare a patch within the
> next two days.

Thanks for 7636c49b45adb9870cf416c64bde032ec858a820 and its parent
commit!

For the record, there are two remaining issues:

  1. Reproducibility of past revisions.  If we lose copies of the
     auto-generated tarballs, then OpenJDK in past revisions of Guix is
     irreparably lost.  We should check whether/how to get them in
     Disarchive + SWH.

  2. Mercurial/SWH bridge.  While SWH has a one-to-one mapping with Git
     (you can ask it for a specific Git commit ID), that’s not true for
     hg.  This is a more general problem, but as things are today,
     there’s no automatic SWH fallback if the upstream hg server
     vanishes.

Thanks,
Ludo’.