Subject: bug#62071: openjdk@9/10 sources not reproducible

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 22:00:21 +0100

On Thu, 9 Mar 2023 10:48:53 +0100
Lars-Dominik Braun <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> it looks like the (auto-generated) tarballs for openjdk@9 and
> openjdk@10 changed their hash, causing a hash mismatch via
> 
>     guix build -S openjdk@9 --no-substitutes --no-grafts
> 
> I’m not sure why it uses these tarballs in the first place, since we
> have a hg-download.

I compared for JDK9 the two tarballs (old and new hash) and there is no
difference in the content (according to diffoscope). Also, if I
hg-clone the repository/tag (and add the .hg_archival.txt file), all
three directory trees have the same hash value according to guix hash
-rx

Thus, it seams like their artifacts are not stable, as we saw it
for autogenerated artifacts on github.

I will check the same for JDK10 and will prepare a patch within the
next two days.

Björn