Subject: bug#62066: 29.0.60; go-ts-mode: Couldn't enable go-ts-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 10:10:53 +0200

tags 62066 notabug
thanks

> Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 12:36:11 +0530
> From: Mohammed Sadiq <[email-masked]>
> 
> When I try to M-x go-ts-mode in some file buffer, it fails with the
> following error:
> 
> ⛔ Warning (treesit): Cannot activate tree-sitter, because language
> grammar for gomod is unavailable (not-found): (libtree-sitter-gomod
> libtree-sitter-gomod.so) No such file or directory
> 
> I have installed all the required libraries running batch.sh script from
> https://github.com/casouri/tree-sitter-module
> 
> In the dist directory, I see a libtree-sitter-go-mod.so but not
> libtree-sitter-gomod.so.

The correct name is libtree-sitter-gomod.so.  So this is your local
system configuration issue, not a bug in Emacs.

Please don't use the outdated script from
https://github.com/casouri/tree-sitter-module, use the one in
admin/notes/tree-sitter/build-module directory in the Emacs Git
repository instead.  (Actually, the command
treesit-install-language-grammar should be even better.)