Subject: Re: [bug#62062] [PATCH] guix: Strip #:use-module lists.

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 07:54:37 +0000

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> This was obtained by setting up this environment:
>
>   guix shell -D guix --with-input=[email-masked]=guile-next \
>     --with-commit=guile-next=e2ed33ef0445c867fe56c247054aa67e834861f2
>     -- make -j5
>
> then adding 'unused-module' to (@@ (guix build compiler) %warnings),
> building, and checking all the "unused module" warnings and removing
> those that were definitely unused.

This looks great :)

It does change some guix/build/ modules though, so I think that is the
reason it affects ~3227 packages. Maybe this could be split so that
anything affecting packages goes to core-updates, and the rest of the
changes go to master?

Thanks,

Chris