Subject: [bug#62062] [PATCH] guix: Strip #:use-module lists.

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 11:25:21 +0100

Hi Ludo,

Oh, awesome!

On Thu, 09 Mar 2023 at 00:26, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:
> This was obtained by setting up this environment:
>
>   guix shell -D guix --with-input=[email-masked]=guile-next \
>     --with-commit=guile-next=e2ed33ef0445c867fe56c247054aa67e834861f2
>     -- make -j5
>
> then adding 'unused-module' to (@@ (guix build compiler) %warnings),
> building, and checking all the "unused module" warnings and removing
> those that were definitely unused.

Out of curiosity, well, I have not understood how you proceeded. :-)
Could you explain a bit more what you meant by:

    then adding 'unused-module' to (@@ (guix build compiler) %warnings),

Adding where?  Do you mean this ’unused-module’ is now part of the
guile-next?  Well, Guile e2ed33ef0445c867fe56c247054aa67e834861f2 is
also about removing unused modules in Guile itself.

Last minor comment, is it expected that there is nothing under
’gnu/packages’?

Cheers,
simon