Subject: [bug#62050] [PATCH] gnu: Add tissue.

From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 13:43:17 +0000

Hi Ludo,

> Note that Disarchive does not support lzip (yet).
>
> Thus it’s be a bit more archival-friendly if you would instead either
> refer to a gzip tarball or refer to the Git repo.  It’s not a blocker
> though.

I really like lzip due to its supposedly better
design. https://www.nongnu.org/lzip/safety_of_the_lzip_format.html I've
been speaking to Timothy Sample about supporting lzip in
disarchive. It's a non-trivial amount of work, but I'll try to get it
done.

>> +     (list #:make-flags #~(list (string-append "prefix=" #$output))
>> +           #:modules `(((guix build guile-build-system)
>> +                        #:select (target-guile-effective-version))
>> +                       ,@%gnu-build-system-modules)
>
> You can change the last line to just (guix build gnu-build-system).

Replacing %gnu-build-system-modules with (guix build gnu-build-system)
does not work since we also need (guix build utils). I could replace
%gnu-build-system-modules with (guix build gnu-build-system) and (guix
build utils), but is there something wrong with using
%gnu-build-system-modules?

> Next step is a system service I guess?  :-)

Yep! I have a service in the guix-forge channel, but it uses a few
guix-forge specific constructs. I'll try and adapt it.

Regards,
Arun