Subject: bug#62048: 30.0.50; Non-nil `line-spacing' takes precendence over 'line-height t text property

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2023 20:39:13 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> However, I still see `insert-sliced-image' inserting image with gaps as
>> a bug. Would it be possible to change `insert-sliced-image' so that it
>> overrides buffer-local `line-spacing' and forces no gaps?
>
> Not easily, because the fact that the line-spacing variable affects
> _all_ lines is deeply entrenched in the implementation: it computes
> the corresponding metrics once and never changes that through the
> entire redisplay of the window.

I see.

The real problem I am trying to solve is scrolling images with large
heights. C-n/C-p and default scrolling jumps over the whole images as
they appear on a single line. It is annoying, especially when the image
is taller than the window height.

I was hoping to use `insert-sliced-image', but this `line-spacing' issue
makes the idea unreliable.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>