Subject: bug#62041: 30.0.50; RET bound to `comint-send-input` in C-mode buffer

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 12:59:59 -0500

> However, the fix is incomplete AFAICT: the "pseudo-toolbar" which
> gdb-mi.el should show on TTY frames was lost.

Hmm... I must say I'm stumped: I have no idea where this pseudo-tool-bar
comes from in `emacs-29`.  Any hint?

> Please compare the display in "M-x gdb" in a TTY session between
> emacs-29 and master: the former shows a kind of "text-mode tool bar"
> on the menu-bar line when you are in the GUD buffer,

Indeed, I see it.  I'm unable to make use of it, OTOH.  I tried to
enable/disable `xt-mouse-mode` but that didn't help: clicking on those
entries seems to do nothing at all (and `C-h k` also just tells me).
I also noticed that F10 fails to "unroll" the menus in those buffers
where there is this funny pseudo-tool-bar.

> and also if you are in a source buffer when
> a gdb-mi session is active.  These "pseudo-toolbar" buttons are useful
> if you have a mouse on a TTY terminal: you can click on these
> "buttons" , and they work like the real tool bar on GUI frames.

I can click on the menu entries to "unroll" the corresponding menu, but
clicking on those pseudo-tool-bar thingies doesn't seem to do anything
at all (nothing in the echo area or in *Messages* either).

> On master, these buttons no longer appear.  Can we have them back,
> please?  (I guess more than just the menu should be shared between
> gud-mode-map and gud-minor-mode-map?)

The disappearance of the pseudo-tool-bar affects both `gud-minor-mode`
and `gud-mode` buffers, so I think it's not directly related to the
sharing between those two keymaps.

IOW, I think this is a different bug.

        Stefan