Subject: Re: bug#62029: 29.0.60; Allow users to customize eldoc buffer separator

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 12:06:36 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 11/04/2023 14:25, João Távora wrote:

>> protocol.
>>      (eglot-signature-eldoc-function): Rework.
>> This is also in the latest released Eglot 1.14, btw.
>
> I retested it just yesterday (and now as well), to take that screenshot.
>
> But that was Emacs 29. With current master, it is indeed better.

In Emacs 29, if you somehow manage to upgrade Eglot to >= 1.14 (cough
bug#62720 cough), you'll find it's also better.

>> elisp-mode.el.  Do you have something to say about that?  Did you try
>> the patch I showed Yuan?
>
> I have applied it. What should I be looking at?

Right. That's a good sign it itself.  Here, have some more patch:

  (setq-default eldoc-documentation-strategy 'eldoc-documentation-compose)
  (add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook
    (lambda () (setq-local eldoc-echo-area-use-multiline-p 1)))

Then go on with elisp your life and maybe peek into M-x eldoc-doc-buffer
once in a while.

João