Subject: Re: 29.0.60; [elpa/jit-spell] Misspellings not updated

From: Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2023 15:02:48 +0100

On Tue,  7 Mar 2023 at 08:44, Simen Heggestøyl wrote:

> Hi Augusto, thanks for writing this nice package. It works very well in
> my usage so far, except for this one issue as described below.
>
> 1. Visit a buffer and turn `jit-spell-mode' on.
>
> 2. Move point to a misspelling and type `M-$ i' to insert the word in
>    the dictionary.
>
> 3. `M-$ i' now correctly reports that the word is spelled correctly
>    according to the dictionary, but the misspell marking from jit-spell
>    is still present.
>
> Killing the buffer and visiting the file anew doesn't fix the issue, but
> restarting Emacs does. It would be very nice if jit-spell could update
> the marking the fly in these cases without the need to restart Emacs.

Yes, this happens because jit-spell and the built in ispell commands
don't share their subprocesses.  I'll look for a solution.

PS: I think the `ispell-buffer' an related commands are still relevant,
but if you just want to correct one word, `jit-spell-correct-word' is
probably a better tool.